Friday, June 3, 2011

Wrong Age on my Xbox Live Account?

So I'm running into a little trouble here. When I originally got my Xbox 360 in Christmas 2006, there were more people that lived with me. My sister's boyfriend was 26 and my mom was like 44 or something, the point is that we all used the Xbox. I used it a lot more, so when making my live account we decided to make the age 18, and use my name, since it was my account. Well now it's 2009, and I'm 17. I'm getting a job next year and I am gonna want to put my card info on there, but my age will be all messed up, and basically I just want my normal age to be on there and my correct info.



How do you think I could change this info? I would make a new account, but my gamerscore is 39,000, and I have a lot of purchased downloaded titles and limited edition content on my account. I spent lot of work put into RPGs and stuff, and I don't want to do it over again. Besides I just redeemed a year live card 2 months ago. So what can I do? I can't change manually but is there a good chance that Microsoft will understand what happened and change the age for me? Or has this happened to someone and have you been able to change it?



Thanks.Wrong Age on my Xbox Live Account?You can try to call customer service but since you'd likely get the run around from someone in the Philipines or India; you're probably better off allowing that gamertage to expire and forming your own account tied to your own credit card. You'll still have access to your original family gamer tag and community gamerscore. My assumption is that you'd like to move out one day and possibly get another XBOX so you'll already have GS and assigned games ready to play at moms.



BTW, perhaps you'll get a kick A$$ customer service rep who (with your mom's permissing / credit card info / etc ... will allow you to transfer all full months of GOLD from the old tag to the new tag.



Happy gaming