Monday, September 19, 2011

XBOX Live downloadable content restriction?

My Xbox Live won't let me download the legendary Halo maps because they have a mature rating. I have turned off every restrictionof downloadable content as well as every other age restriction. I think it might be because the recent updat. I have downloaded all other maps and such perfectly in the past. Anyone have any ideas? Please help.XBOX Live downloadable content restriction?How old are you? if you are under 18 or your account hasnt switched to an adult account (for more info there should be something about that in the xbox.com support section) thats probably why, even with all the setting turned to %26quot;allow%26quot; Microsoft has set it so you have to have an adult account to download M rated material, the settings you changed just allow you to play it. I can't say why they did that to the Halo maps but I had the same problem with other content and contacted Microsoft and they explained that you need to be 18+ or use someone's account who is 18+ to download M rated material but you can play it no matter how old you are when its on your console. I just set up an account for my parents and use that to get M rated stuff and you don't need to pay extra because you can download stuff like that with a silver live membership. I've heard stories that the downloaded maps are specific to the Gamertag but i kinda doubt it if anyone else wants to clear that up. Hope that helps!